I got off of work around 8PM on Friday, and headed out to a friend's house for a little Christmas socializing. There were about 1-2 inches of slushy snow on the ground, and half of the people cancelled their RSVPs for the party because of it. When I got to the hospital on Saturday morning, this "storm" had people terrified. Doctors, nurses, janitors and anyone else who worked in the hospital were making plans like, "I'm probably going to spend the entire weekend in the hospital," "I should have gone to the store last night to get bread and milk," or "I may have to sell everything I own to buy a gun to shoot myself... it's really my only option."
So when I got off of work on Sunday (after ~30 hours of work), I was terrified about what might await me on the outside. I figured even if all the predictions were overestimations, I was still going to be walking into Santa's front yard. And this is what terribleness awaited me as I walked out of the hospital...

You can imagine how cold I felt...
5 comments:
oh my gosh what the heck is that white stuff on the ground in the shadow on the left side of the sidewalk, just sprinkled in with the grass?!?!?!
I hope you had chains on your tires...
Ummm actually those are flowers... it was 46 degrees... :)
that's funny
I think that it was the plan of the grocery stores to increase sales, they must have paid of the weather man.
Just thought you might like to know it's currently 1 measly degree outside in our neck of the woods. Do you have room for company? :) I like the snow and cold until Christmas and then I'm done with it. A NC winter sounds like heaven--hope you're enjoying it!
Post a Comment