
Ever have one of those moments in life, where you take a look at your life and wonder how you got to a particular point… or where things went wrong? I have these moments from time to time, a couple from this week went like this…
I was doing an inguinal hernia repair with one of my attendings (hospital code for physician in charge of a teaching service), and I thought to myself, “How exactly did I get to this point?...”
The other was more pronounced, more poignant as well. It’s kind of a long story, and the details only make the conclusion more impressive, but it happened during ICU Rounds. Where the team, that I am currently on, goes to the ICU and discusses an ICU patient and their care. A great opportunity for teaching, and learning but it’s spontaneous as well so sometimes things get a little punchy… and jokes start to roll. Without worsening your opinion of me let’s just say that I found myself involved in a large group of people laughing at a joke whose punch line was, “Ancef*? That covers that right?...” As I stared at the jubilant faces of the crowd, I had my moment of clarity. And I realized, “Man! I’m a huge nerd!”
*Ancef is an antibiotic
2 comments:
I feel you
What Ancef doesn't cover clinda or vanco will. . . ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Post a Comment