So I have been debating for some time about whether or not to even start a blog. I have always liked writing, but rarely write for other people to see. Then I tried to make a match list...
I did interviews at 13 different residency programs during the last month and a half, and now I have the unenviable task of ranking them from 1 to 13. I say unenviable because it seems like an impossible task. At most I spent 2 days with any one program. During the interview each program put on their very best face and accentuate the positive aspects of their program while minimizing the negative aspects. Basically, it's like quickly walking through the a Russian orphanage, and then after leaving being asked to rank the kids from 1 to 13. How? I don't know which ones throw tantrums, wet the bed, or are lactose intolerant... and believe me even if the kid can't be in the same room as ice cream there's no way he's going to tell me. He's not going to tell me this stuff for several reasons. First, he's worried about whether or not I'll take him home. Second, he's also worried that I'll tell all my other infertile friends that the kid requires a special diet. He keeps this from me, not because he's bad person. I mean it's not like I walked through with a screen printed t-shirt that says, "Asthmatic with a Short Temper." It's a dance my friends... and a complex one. It just ends with a very awkward decision about which kid to take home.
So what does that have to do with blogging? Well this insurmountable task requires a new level of procrastination. It's not enough to simply peruse ESPN's website, my favorite Yankee-related blogs, and the blogs of my family and friends. It requires me to really stretch myself in the realm of procrastination, and for me that's definitely saying something. I mean, I have basically spent the last four years overloading a single ESPN server by myself. So it occurred to me... I should start my own blog. Hopefully, it will not only consume a lot of my spare, but it will force me to put off more important things to write regular updates. And that's the type of procrastination you can believe in!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment